Our experiences for coaches and support staff offer a range of options to suit your requirements.
One Week Programme
- Coaches will observe Crusader trainings and learn the fundamentals of what makes them so successful
- Interactive sessions with coaches and players
- Learn how to prepare for and analyse a game
- Positional specific specialists will coach in the key areas of the game
- An individual player development model will be presented and discussed
- Attend a Super Rugby match
Five Week Programme
- Coaches will meet and discuss their strengths and weaknesses which will form the initial "Stocktake"
- An Individual Coach Development Plan across our 6 Pillars will be introduced (plan and assess)
- Complete an online Coaching Diary to be shared by key staff here and overseas
- Follow the Crusaders campaign on and off the field
- Learn about Game analysis systems and how it is presented to the team/individuals
- Observe Academy, Canterbury and Crusader coaching sessions
- Observe and assist with a local Division 1 club team
- Complete some local coaching qualifications
- Meet with key coaching staff from Canterbury and the Crusaders (Skills, Strength and Conditioning, Attack, Defence, Set Piece)
- Spend time working with Coach Development Officers
- Meet and discuss LTAD and Canterbury Academy with the Academy Manager
- Observe and assist with some IHPU Coaching sessions
- Look at other sporting HP models
- Enjoy some Kiwi hospitality
- Live and Breathe Rugby for 5 Weeks!